built in stainless steel charcoal grill Guard Your Grill: Patients Accidentally Swallow Wire Brush Bristles, Hospital Reports

by:Longzhao BBQ     2019-12-13
built in stainless steel charcoal grill Guard Your Grill: Patients Accidentally Swallow Wire Brush Bristles, Hospital Reports
Nothing tastes better than the juicy burger or steak on the grill at the end of summer.But when a wire on the grill cleaning brush is stuck in your food, not to mention your throat or stomach, dinner can quickly be harmful to your health.A hospital reported a rash in such cases.Doctors at Rhode Island State Hospital reported this week that from 2011 to 2012, six people came to the emergency department with steel wire bristles on the grill brush and ate meat cooked on the outdoor grill, intestines or other organs.This is the second round of such injuries in the hospital.At 2009 and 2010, six more patients came to the emergency room with the same problem, according to American doctors.S.Weekly Report on morbidity and mortality at the Centers for Disease Control.Dr.David Grande, the lead author of the report, a diagnostic radiologist at Rhode Island Hospital, said the damage was relatively rare compared to the number of people who Grill and use a grill brush every day.But he says this can happen more often than doctors suspect."The most striking thing about this series is that we have seen so many cases in a hospital," Grand said ."."I started getting calls from doctors from all over the country who saw similar injuries in patients."Recently, as these injuries have emerged across the United States, concerns about the grill brush are brewing.S.In May, Sen.After hearing reports from two men in New Jersey and Washington, Charles Schumer called on the Consumer Product Safety Board and the Food and Drug Administration to conduct a federal review of the safety of barbecue brushes, he was injured and needed surgery after accidentally eating a pig bri.According to Schumer's request, CPSC combed the data of injuries to emergency departments in hospitals across the United StatesS.Nine cases reported since 2007 were also found injured by swallowing bristles.Since 2007, the grill brush has also injured 28 people, eight of whom were injured when the consumer reported that the grill or food was stuck with the pig bri.The Commission is reviewing these reports, "to see if there is a pattern of identifiable defects in the product category or in a particular product that may result in an unreasonable risk of injury or death, CPSC Chairman Inez Tenenbaum said in a letter to Schumer dated June.Grand said his team was unable to link any injuries at Rhode Island Hospital to a specific product or brand of grill brush.Mike Kempster, executive vice president and chief marketing officer of Weber Grill, said the company did not receive any reports of customer injuries from Weber grill brushes."We know that the grill brush can be a safety issue," says Kempster ."."But when I hear reports like this, my first question is always, how big is the grill brush?He said: "It may be more dangerous to use brushes that have been worn out for two or three years or are worn out by these elements.Michael Wales, a spokesman for the barbecue dad Brush Company, said the company strictly tested its products and never had reports that consumers accidentally swallowed stainless steel bristles from brushes.When swallowing wire bristles leads to intestinal puncture, bacteria in the intestines can be filtered into the blood, increasing the risk of widespread infection in the body.In addition, some bristles must be removed by surgery, which can always lead to possible complications.Once the bristles are stuck in the body, they will pierce other larger organs.When a woman swallows a pig stle, Grand says, it runs through her stomach and is stuck in her liver.Grand noted that it is likely that more people than those who appear in the emergency room swallow the wire bristles."We don't know how many people have taken these things and have no symptoms."My guess is that this is more common than injury," he said .".Dr.Joel Levin, professor of digestion at the University of Connecticut, said he was not surprised that the wire sashimi might be stuck in a steak or burger, but the risk of someone being brushed by a grill could be "low-Probability event."In fact, the risk of what you cook on the grill can be greater than the bristles," Levine said ."."A large number of barbecues have long been considered a cancer risk."CPSC recommends that consumers check the grill first before lighting it, and keep an eye out for stray metal fragments that may be stuck in the food.Grand said the barbecue should be replaced.Or consider using cleaning tools that do not use wire bristles.
Custom message
Chat Online 编辑模式下无法使用
Chat Online inputting...