Gyrn Goch tent death 'classic' poisoning from barbecue fumes - charcoal barbecue ireland
A survey report said a woman died of burning charcoal barbecues while sleeping in a tent and suffered "classic" carbon monoxide poisoning.Tracey Screen, 34, from Chesterfield, Derbyshire, who died with her husband and children while on holiday at Gwynedd.Benjamin spy told the investigation that his wife's death left a "big hole" in their lives ".Coroner Lou Pritchard-Jones recorded the verdict of the accidental death.Caernarfon's investigation was informed that Mr. Screen, a young man of seven and four years old, was treated in the hospital after he issued an alarm.Their family lives in the camp of Gyrn Goch, between Pwllheli and Caernarfon.Gwynedd.David Evans of the fire and rescue services in north Wales said the barbecue was lit around BST 17: 00, a meal was cooked and more charcoal was added to keep it warm.The couple went to bed between BST 22: 00 and 23: 00, he said.He explained that the content of carbon monoxide would rise when coal began to cool.The hearing was told that the barbecue was transferred to the central area of the tent.Mr. screen told investigators that he felt dizzy after getting up at night and fell on the floor.He said he tried to call for help but did not get any response.Finally, he said that he managed to climb outside the tent and shouted for help.Mr. Devi Pritchard"The symptoms you describe are typical carbon monoxide," Jones said."The obvious lesson is that barbecue charcoal is almost pure carbon and produces carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide."The Burning of the grill can produce carbon monoxide, which is an obvious danger for the use of the grill in confined spaces.He added: "People should be aware of the dangers because it is easy to avoid fires and carbon monoxide deaths.After the hearing, an emotional Mr. screen said his wife's death left a "big hole "."We miss her and love her," he said ."