hamburger from hell: why wire barbecue brushes should be banned - gas barbecue grill

by:Longzhao BBQ     2020-04-23
hamburger from hell: why wire barbecue brushes should be banned  -  gas barbecue grill
With the start of the barbecue season, B.
C's top doctor requested a ban on dangerous barbecue brushes.
For Jordan Daniels, this is one of the burgers he will never forget --
He wants others not to suffer from nightmares.
That's why he and many other victims spread rumors and alert: Throw away your wire and grill brush immediately.
"These things are dangerous --why risk it? ” says the 28-year-
Last summer, Mr. Lanley swallowed a metal pig bri, which had fallen off the barbecue brush.
Now, with the long weekend of Victoria Day heralding the beginning of B. C.
During the barbecue season, Daniels hopes the government will take steps to protect the public.
"It's hard to understand why these things are still on sale," he said . ".
"I think they should be banned.
Daniels's burger Hell tour started last summer when he was at a friend's house party, a little freshoff-the-grill burger.
"I immediately felt a terrible pain in my throat," he said . "
"It's very painful.
I went to the bathroom and tried to vomit myself.
But the blood sprayed out.
"I was frightened.
Then he started a pain, two. day-
Long trips through the hospital emergency room and walking-in clinics.
He went to Lanley hospital first, where he waited for hours in an emergency and was told
The light is negative.
After the pain did not subside, he went to Surrey Memorial Hospital and waited until four in the morning. m.
And was told again that there was nothing to do.
"But I know it's inside because every time I swallow, I can feel it poking at the back of my tongue.
B said: "Although the bristles of wire and barbecue brushes look small, accidental ingestion of bristles may pose a huge risk to health. C. ’s top doctor.
Gerry Kahrmann/PNGHe go two
At the clinic that morning, the doctor told him that he might have a stomachache and should have taken the Zantac pill.
Finally, he came to the abertsford Regional Hospital, where a nurse found the steel wire brush head stuck in his throat, and a doctor used one under the local anesthetic.
"It's too cruel," Daniels said . "
"I never wanted this to happen to anyone else.
"But according to Health Canada, this happens more often.
The damage occurs when the wire sashimi falls off the brush, sticks to the grill, attaches to the food, and is eaten by an uninformed victim.
Health Canada has received 64 reports on the situation since 2004, but Kim Schellenberg believes the actual number is much higher.
"These are just reported cases," she said . ".
"We believe there is more to be reported.
Schlenberg's story is even more terrible.
Like Daniels, she swallowed a wire while eating a barbecue burger.
She stayed in the hospital for a week and had two neck surgeries but failed to remove the wires successfully.
"The doctor told me it was like a needle in a haystack," she said . ".
"Unfortunately, the hay pile is my throat.
"The Wire eventually went into her digestive tract and the doctor thought it was finally discharged from her system.
"I still have a hard time swallowing," schlenberg said . " Schlenberg is wire now-
Pig bri barbecue brushes are prohibited across Canada.
"There are no international standards for the manufacture of these products, and there are no national standards," she said . ".
"Brushes are usually not well made in the third case
They brought sweatshops all over the world into Canada and hurt our citizens.
But hope will not last long.
Health Canada cooperates with the Retail Council of Canada to develop new consumers
Safety standards for brushes.
The Canadian standards committee will assist in the development of new guidelines, including "minimum specifications for materials, structures, labeling and testing" for brushes ".
But this standard can only be voluntary, which makes little sense to top doctors at Columbia University in the UK.
"Why do we need these brushes when there are many safer alternatives? ” asked Dr.
Trina Larsen sole, doctor's B. C.
Larsen sole, year in itself
British columnians say nylon or wooden barbecue machines should be used as a safe choice.
"I threw away my wire.
She pointed out that the incoming wires could cause devastating damage and even death.
"Intestinal perforation is very serious," she said . "
You don't have to convince Maple Ridge mom Amanda Godfrey of this.
Seven months ago, eight of her. year-
The old son Liam swallowed a small wire while eating a roast steak.
"He screamed into the kitchen and complained about the pain in his neck," Godfrey said . ".
"I knew it was serious right away.
"Her son had two surgeries to remove the pig hair, including a dangerous surgery from a viewing area of B for about 20 doctors. C.
Children's Hospital.
"It's terrible," she said . ".
"These brushes should be banned.
I totally agree with her.
Let's have a barbecue.
But don't wait until the government protects you.
Throw the brush away.
@ Postmedia. comtwitter.
Click here to report a typo.
Is there more to this story?
We would like to hear from you about this or any other story you think we should know.
Email vantips @ postmedia. com.
Custom message
Chat Online 编辑模式下无法使用
Chat Online inputting...