property: a silent killer in our homes - natural gas grills

by:Longzhao BBQ     2020-04-28
property: a silent killer in our homes  -  natural gas grills
Carbon monoxide (CO)
No color, no smell, no smell
Irritating gas is the biggest cause of accidental poisoning in the home.
In the UK, at least 60 people die each year from acute CO poisoning but cannot be detected by the senses because the initial symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are quite common (
Headache, fatigue, dizziness)
The real number may be much higher, perhaps thousands of people.
For example, carbon monoxide has been investigated to be associated with cot death syndrome and may cause a heart attack in people with coronary heart disease.
Any fuel: Carbon monoxide is produced by incomplete combustion of natural gas, coal, oil, wood or gasoline.
Many deaths are caused by faulty gas appliances, but solid fuel fires or stoves are equally dangerous if the chimney is blocked or poorly ventilated.
Charcoal barbecues used indoors can be fatal, and car exhaust in closed garages can also be fatal.
The leaked silencer can also increase the carbon monoxide content in the car when the car is driving.
However, most poisoning occurs at home.
Research shows that more reported cases have occurred in houses including owners
More than in the apartment; and two-
Women are 30 to 45 years old among the victims, and the most common age groups are 30 to 45 years old.
Therefore, it may not be accurate to see carbon monoxide poisoning as an accidental tragedy affecting students with cheap beds.
Of course, this is usually the case of CO poisoning that makes headlines --
Bad tenants.
Maintain rental accommodation killed by faulty gas heaters.
For example, the most recent death of Ipswich was due to the discharge of gas fires into chimneys previously covered with concrete;
The landlord and his plumber were convicted of manslaughter.
But the deadly poisoning case, though tragic, is only part of the story.
From the point of view of frequent exposure to low levels of carbon monoxide, chronic poisoning seems to be a more serious problem than people realize.
David Jenkins of the Royal Association for accident prevention (RoSPA)
"Thousands of people are suffering from low
Carbon monoxide poisoning without awareness
They think they just had a flu shot.
"In fact, a recent study has found that family doctors are barely able to identify non-
Fatal CO poisoning;
Of the 77 cases, only one was diagnosed correctly.
Misdiagnoses include influenza, viral infection, chronic fatigue syndrome, and mental illness, including depression.
Carbon monoxide binds to hemoglobin in the blood to form carbon-oxygen hemoglobin, reducing the ability of the blood to transport oxygen around the body, thus poisoning humans and other mammals.
There is a blood test that can detect this, but it must be done within a few hours of reporting poisoning before the blood returns to normal.
Unfortunately, the same study also found that it was often too late to provide meaningful results when such tests were provided to victims, and in other cases the test results were incorrectly interpreted.
This lack of adequate diagnosis is a concern, as it is well known that some symptoms will last for two to three years after the cessation of carbon monoxide poisoning;
Typical long term memory loss, neck and back pain and deep muscle painterm effects.
So the best thing to do seems to be to take responsibility for yourself and make your home free of carbon monoxide.
This includes three things: ensuring the correct operation of all combustion devices such as boilers, gas stoves and stoves, fires and stoves;
Make sure your home is well ventilated at all times;
Carbon monoxide detectors are installed.
All boilers should be repaired regularly.
The main failure to pay attention to is the accumulation of soot-
Around the flue or on a heat exchanger, this may limit the passage of the exhaust gas and the incomplete combustion of the fuel
Using a gas appliance, this will be represented by a yellow or orange flame instead of a healthy blue flame. Wall-
Installed water heaters, such as the ubiquitous Ascot, can be at the root of the problem.
Some models have simple convection flow on the outside;
Others have no flue at all and rely on room ventilation to disperse the exhaust gas.
This type of water heater and old floor-
Installed on a central heating boiler to remove the burning air from the room so that the ventilation system can be turned off
For example, replace double by installing-Glass windows-
The air intake may be reduced, resulting in incomplete combustion.
Most modern gas boilers are equipped with a balanced flue or fan
Auxiliary flue, both absorb the burning air from outside the building and therefore are not affected by ventilationproofing.
The gas appliance shall be inspected by the plumber or heating engineer of the Board of Registered Gas installers (Corgi).
Ventilation is a key factor that can lead to a significant increase in carbon monoxide poisoning as the home is now more insulated and ventilated
Proofread and sealed.
In the past, low levels of carbon monoxide may have been ventilated due to natural air leakage, but now the sealed environment of many homes means it can accumulate to harmful levels.
The Building Research Institute recommends that, in all habitable rooms, there is at least one basic ventilation rate of air change per hour, either through natural convection through the vent, or through the exhaust fan, but if the room is heated solid
Fuel burning requires more air coming in.
If you find yourself feeling sleepy before the fire, it may be due to lack of oxygen, or carbon monoxide poisoning, or both.
Carbon monoxide detectors have become smaller and cheaper in recent years and should now be considered an essential second line of defense.
The cheapest detector is a small piece of cardboard (
Like a sleep safe, 5 lbs. 49)
, It changes color if carbon monoxide exists.
It won't give you a warning you can hear, but the price is cheap and can be bought from the DIY store, and it may serve as a check if you suspect there is a problem with your appliance. Battery-
Carbon monoxide detectors, such as smoke detectors, are available for about £ 30 from plumbers, UK gas services and some DIY stores;
Their lives for up to five years are limited. Mains-
Testing on this site, such as Trend
350 and about 50 Nighthawks.
The latter has a constant number read-
This provides a guarantee that the instrument is still working.
Ideally, detectors should be installed in all fuel-burning rooms.
RoSPA recommends that this be important in a room with a coal fire or wood-
If you are an amateur mechanic, you should consider installing a stove in the garage.
Q: Technology Trends
350 detector trend, 01252 407900 provides the detector through post.
For more information about the Nighthawk detector, please call Kidde security at 0161 624 9591.
Consulting leaflets available at Gas, 0800 181565 and RoSPA UK-
Send the stamped recipient envelope to the security policy department of RoSPA, 353 Bristol Road, B5 7ST, Birmingham.
How to prevent CO poisoning check the heating system and gas appliances every year.
Check whether the chimney, flue and vent are blocked, corroded, and the connection is loose.
Q. use bottled gas or paraffin heaters only in Wells
Ventilation room.
Do not use them at night or in the bedroom.
Do not use a barbecue or charcoal grill in an indoor or enclosed space.
Do not run a car, motorcycle, mower or other engine in a closed garage.
Install carbon monoxide detectors in all rooms using electrical appliances.
Custom message
Chat Online 编辑模式下无法使用
Chat Online inputting...