what is carbon monoxide poisoning, what are the symptoms and treatment and how it is it detected? - best long burning charcoal
50 people die from carbon monoxide poisoning every year in Britain.
A person may be unconscious within two hours of the leak.
Here's everything you need to know about CO poisoning
This way you can protect yourself and your family.
Carbon monoxide, known as the "silent killer", is a gas that has no smell, no color.
More than 200 British and Irish residents are taken to hospital each year for this situation.
If inhaled, the gas can quickly enter a person's blood so that it cannot carry oxygen.
Then, the cells and tissues of the body begin to fail and eventually die.
Although poisoning can be treated, there are 10-15 people affected for a long time
Some of the term complications described.
Carbon monoxide is produced when fuels such as gas, oil, coal and wood are not fully burned.
Cigarettes, charcoal and car engines also produce carbon dioxide.
If you live in a RV, boat or mobile House, the risk of being affected at home increases.
Although carbon monoxide does not cause high temperatures, its symptoms are similar to those of the flu.
Within two hours of the leak, an adult may lose balance, lose sight and memory, and eventually faint.
If you are aware of any of these symptoms, it is important to go to the local accident and emergency department (A&E)immediately.
Serious symptoms include: the doctor will have a blood test to see if there is CO gas in your blood.
The level of 30 per cent or more indicates serious exposure.
There is no need for treatment for mild carbon monoxide poisoning, but it is important to seek advice.
The doctor will give you 100 oxygen. fitting mask.
Normal air contains only 21 per cent of oxygen, so this should allow your body to quickly replace the supply.
HBOT floods the body with pure oxygen to help it overcome the shortage.
It is sometimes used in cases of extensive exposure and suspicion of nerve damage, but this is determined on the basis of a caseby-case basis.
This is because there is currently insufficient evidence of a long period of time.
Long-term effectiveness of HBOT in the treatment of serious poisoning cases.
Since carbon monoxide gas is invisible, the only way to detect a leak is to use a CO alarm.
However, a shocking survey shows that the British use defective detectors to put their risk at risk to life. Which?
It is found that one out of every five Tests is unreliable, while N Power shows less than 2 out of 3 in British households (59%)